Volunteer Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some frequently asked questions about volunteering.
When Can We Volunteer to Help Participating Families Build Their Homes?
- Monday - Thursday between the hours of 4 pm and 10pm
- Saturday between the hours of 8am and 3pm
- Other times outside of these can be set up by appointment
- Please contact a construction supervisor below directly by email to let them know when you will be coming to one of the following areas:
Where do you meet?
Unless listed below, the location where we work changes often, so we don't have a set meeting place. Contact Scott, Jeremy or Jerry by email at Scott@selfhelphomes.org or Jeremy@selfhelphomes.org or Jerry@selfhelphomes.org for meeting site locations.
Current Locations in:
Salem, at 900 South 30 East, Salem.
Heber, contact the supervisor
Southern Utah, Contact the Supervisor
What do you Wear and Need to Bring?
- Dress according to the weather because most volunteer work is done outside
- Volunteers should wear long pants and must have closed toed shoes (no Sandals).
- Wear clothes you can get dirty in.
- Please bring if you can: safety glasses and gloves
Is there an age limit to volunteer?
- Volunteers must be 12 years of age or older
How many volunteers can come at a time?
- We can have groups of 1 to 50 people, depending on the current site activities.
- We can also do more than 50 people, but please keep in mind that the bigger the group the more advance notice we need.
How long can you volunteer at a time?
There is no set amount of time that you have to come for, come for the whole block or just for an hour
What other tasks are available for volunteers?
Other tasks can be performed by volunteers if they posses former experience and/or training or has worked as a helper to one of our trained home owners. With advanced notice we can accommodate a very wide range of numbers of volunteers and skill levels, there's something for everyone!
- green plate
- paint prep
- finish plumbing
- finish carpentry
Do you need your own transportation?
Yes, you will need to provide your own transportation to the site.
RHDC will provide all the necessary tools and training for your volunteer activities.
Where do I sign up?
You can contact the below construction supervisors for the following cities:
You can also sign up to volunteer for us on Facebook.