Why build a Self-Help Home?
Build a Home
Helping Families Build Neighborhoods
Self-Help Homes are of the highest quality because much of the work is performed by the owner of the home and we use the most up-to-date building technology and techniques.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE QUALITY SPECIFICATIONS OF A SELF-HELP HOME:
- Self-Help Homes are required to undergo additional and more vigorous inspections than other new homes.
- 2 x 6 engineered exterior walls spaced every 24 inches instead of standard 2x4 16 inch spacing resulting in better structural and energy performance.
- Self-Help Homes are up to 45% more energy efficient than other new homes built to code.
- Whisper Green ventilation systems
- 96.7% AFUE variable speed furnaces instead of 80% AFUE in standard homes.
- Energy Star 3.0 certified
- Highly efficient 16 SEER central air conditioning
- EPA Water Sense qualified plumbing fixtures
- Attractive and "water wise" landscaping
- Upgraded R-49 attic insulation instead of code minimum of R-38
- Upgraded R-23 exterior wall insulation instead of code minimum R-13
- Advanced building envelope sealing with closed cell spray applied insulation
- Upgraded highly efficient windows with double Low-E and argon gas
- Energy Star certified appliances
- High efficient lighting
- Passive solar designs available
- Energy heel trusses
- Cold storage areas under porches
- Open floor plans
- Quality and environmentally friendly low VOC paints and finishes
Self-Help Homes is proud to offer new homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR® label. The ENERGY STAR label means that your new home has been designed and built to standards well above other homes in the market today. It means better quality, better comfort, and better durability. It also means that your new home is a better value for today, and a better investment for tomorrow. The ENERGY STAR label gives you the peace of mind that your home has undergone a better process for inspections, testing, and verification to ensure that it meets strict requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). ENERGY STAR certified homes are better because they are designed and built to provide homeowners:
Peace of Mind. The result of a home that’s built better.
With the ENERGY STAR label on your new home, you can be confident that it will deliver. When ENERGY STAR requirements are applied to new home construction, an integrated approach to design combined with tried-and-true best building practices adds up to a durable, comfortable home with reduced utility and maintenance costs. Our ENERGY STAR certified homes have undergone more inspections and testing than typical homes to ensure that your new home was built to higher standards.
Enduring Quality. Better systems make all the difference.
Purchasing a new home is a big investment, so it’s important to be sure that it’s built to last. We’ve designed all of our new ENERGY STAR certified homes to include value-adding energy efficiency features, and a combination of materials and equipment that will deliver better performance.
ENERGY STAR certified new homes include features like:
· A complete Thermal Enclosure System that includes comprehensive air sealing, quality-installed insulation, and high-performance windows, to deliver improved comfort and lower utility bills.
· A high-efficiency Heating, Ventilation, and Cooling Systemthat is designed and installed for optimal performance.
· A comprehensive Water Management System to protect roofs, walls, and foundations from moisture damage.
· Energy-efficient Lighting and Appliances to help keep utility bills low, while providing high-quality performance and longevity.
Wall-to-Wall Comfort. A better way to live.
Ask anyone who lives in an ENERGY STAR certified home to go back to their old home. You’ll likely hear that there’s no way they’ll give up the comfort that came with the ENERGY STAR label on their new home. From the moment you walk in the door of an ENERGY STAR certified home, you’ll see, feel, and hear the difference.
Proven Value. A better investment for today and tomorrow.
ENERGY STAR certified new homes offer better energy efficiency and performance compared to other homes, making them a better value for today and a better investment for tomorrow. Homes earning the ENERGY STAR label use 20-30 percent less energy than typical new homes, and even more when compared to most resale homes on the market today.
For more information on our ENERGY STAR certified new homes, contact…[INSERT PARTNER CONTACT INFO]
Learn more about ENERGY STAR certified new homes at http://www.energystar.gov/newhomes.